Wednesday, August 16, 2006

MOVING!!!

Well, it's official. Cyana and I have left Capernwray Quebec and are now on the road, spending a bit of vacation time and visiting with family in Ottawa. It was difficult to say goodbyes to our friends and the families there but we know that it was the Lord's will for us to go and that it was His perfect timing. We'll be arriving in Calgary on Aug 23rd and it looks as though I might already have a job with an electrical company and I'm hoping to start as soon as they will hire me. Pray for us as we make the transition from leaving the Capernwray Christian bubble to starting over in Calgary in an ever-growing busy city. We hope to send pictures of our new place soon after arriving in Calgary, but we may be a little scarce on the internet for awhile as we no longer have a computer. Pray also that Cyana will find work in the accounting/bookkeeping area as that is the field that she really enjoys and would love to continue being a part of. We are also looking for a church to attend in Calgary that is relatively in the SouthEast so if anybody knows of one that they'd recommend, please let us know. Anyways, all for now, congratulations to all of our friends that are having babies. We are really happy for you all and pray that the Lord will give you wisdom in raising Godly children.

Simply His,
Colin

3 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Blessings as you guys make the trek across to Alberta and enter this new season in Calgary! Hope you guys have an awesome trip! And yay for the job! That's exciting! God bless and I'll be sure to keep checking here for updates. thanks for always sharing too-it's encouraging. Blessings!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

She should check out www.samaritanspurse.ca for possible job openings. I think we are looking for a financial assistant.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Stender Statement said...

Hey Colin,
I don't know if you remember me but I went to Capes with you. I got to your site through Dustin and Christy. It's so good to hear about how things are going for you and your wife! As for the church search...I lived in Southeast Calgary for pretty much all my life. What community in the southeast? I lived in midnapore. But Southview Alliance church is great...its big but the pastor is amazing! If you want something smaller, I would check out New Hope Community Church in Bridlewood. Both these churches are southwest but depending on how far south you are, it might not be too far from you. The worship pastor is the husband of my bestest friend in the whole world! It's a great church that just started a few years ago.
Anyways, hope the search goes well!
Blessings to you and your wife,
Nancy (Archibald) Stender

 

Post a Comment

<< Home