Sunday, November 26, 2006

Step by Step!!

Lately I've been reminded over and over that walking with the Lord daily in my life can only be accomplished by deliberate and purposeful actions in my life. I'm not saying that it should be a life of striving or of "works" but what I mean is that I find that too often, far too often in my own life, I become swallowed up by busyness. Our society is so engulfed by this manner of living, doing, doing, doing, planning, planning, planning, working, eating, sleeping, shopping, entertainment, and on and on and on. I find that it is so easy to walk through life and I can sometimes go days, if not weeks without really thinking about the Lord or my relationship with Him. I'm so challenged by this because I have to admit that I've pretty much become, for those of you that know me well, not recently become but increasing in the fact that I am literally an entertainment junkie. So much so that I find it difficult to take time in quiet, silence, to read or pray or even sit in silence and I struggle with having become that way. I know that what I need is to take life step by step, moment by moment, in full dependance upon Christ, relying on Him to speak to me, with a loudspeaker if necessary to overcome this busyness that has swallowed me up. I need to be deliberate in praying to the Lord, not in things that I need or with problems that I've been experiencing but in all aspects of my life. In praising Him daily for who He is, for what He's done, in my life and the lives of those around me, and for what I see that He is doing. To pray for friends and family, for those that are unsaved, for those that are struggling, for those that are doing well, in all things to be surrendering myself to Christ in prayer. I need to be deliberate in submitting my life to Him. My thoughts, my actions, my hopes, dreams, finances, marriage, family, attitudes, everything. I need accountability, to not be so lazy in my Christian walk but to actively be seeking His transforming power in changing me more into His image and not continuing to reflect my sinful nature but allowing His holy, loving character to flow through my life into the lives of others. I need Christ, I need prayer, I need to surrender. This is my desire, to walk in only those things that are found pleasing in the sight of God the Father, that bring to Him the glory and honor, pointing others to Him.

Simply His,
Colin