Thursday, April 19, 2007

6 Weeks to go!!!!

Only six more weeks before the baby's expected due date!! Where has time gone? Cyana and I are already into our third week of prenatal classes, out of 7 that we are attending. Things are going well, although I think that Cyana is becoming increasingly more uncomfortable and rightly so. It's hard to believe that this little guy (or girl) has so much more growing to do. Hopefully, we'll go to full term but Cyana's having quite a few contractions already so we are trying not to become anxious for an early labor, trusting that she will last as long as our baby needs before coming out. I understand that some kids just come when they're ready, but our main concern is that we would just really like a healthy little baby and we're hoping that he or she won't attempt an appearance before that time. Cyana's mom is staying with us for the next week, visiting as she's moving back to Kelowna from Ottawa, it's nice for them to be able to share this time of Cyana being pregnant. This is the first time she's seen Cyana since we got pregnant and it's really funny to see how excited her mom is and the way she responds when she feels the baby kick and such. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we approach this transition in our lives and that God would continue to prepare us for parenthood and our changing roles within our family. We are so excited.

For those of you that would like an announcement card with a photo, please leave a comment with contact info so that we can mail them to you.

Simply His,
Colin

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Colin & Cyana!
I am so excited for both of you! It is so thrilling to watch new life being formed and to hear of your delight to be parents! I can't wait to see your little baby!
I'm moving to Cambodia in June and will be there for two years (working with teenage orphan girls), but I will try and keep up with your blogs so I know what's happening with you and your cute little fam. My e-mail is gina.brandini@gmail.com. Continue to seek the Lord and obey Him!
Blessings, blessings, blessings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home